If you or someone you know is an imminent danger to themselves or someone else, go to the nearest ER or call 911.
A variety of general and LGBTQ-specific crisis support services – including online resources, phone and text hotlines and crisis counseling – are available nationally, locally and at The Ohio State University.
Find additional mental health support resources here.
Ohio State Crisis Support
The following services are available at Ohio State for LGBTQ+ students, faculty and staff in crisis:
- Student Life Counseling and Consultation Service: 614-292-5766
- Employee Assistance Program: 800-678-6265
- The Ohio State University Suicide Prevention Program
- Wexner Medical Center Crisis Management and Acute Inpatient Care
- The Ohio State University Police: 614-292-2121 (non-emergency)
National Crisis Support
The following services are available nationally for LGBTQ+ students, faculty and staff in crisis.
- Bravo Helpline: 866-862-7286
- GLBT Hotline
National Hotline: 888-843-4564
Youth Talkline: 800-246-7743
Senior Hotline: 888-234-74243
- National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs Hotline: 212-714-1141
- The Trevor Project
TrevorText: Text TREVOR to 202-304-1200
- Trans Lifeline Peer Hotline: 877-565-8860
Local Crisis Support
The following services are available in Central Ohio for LGBTQ+ students, faculty and staff in crisis.