QTPOC at Ohio State
The experience of those living at the intersection of being LGBTQ+ and a person of color presents its own unique challenges. Queer and trans people of color (QTPOC) have been critically important to the visibility and survival of LGBTQ+ communities around the globe; QTPOC have been at the front line throughout fight for LGBTQ+ equality. We are dedicated to supporting the QTPOC community at The Ohio State University with a variety of programs and community resources.
QTPOC Resources at Ohio State
The following resources are available for queer and trans students, faculty and staff of color at The Ohio State University.
QTPOC Health and Wellness
- Student Life Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS)
- CCS groups: Colorful Women, International Exploration
Find additional LGBTQ+ health and wellness resouces here.
- Student Life Multicultural Center
- QPOC Q*mmunity, a cohort of the Student Life Multicultural Center
- SHADES, a student organization for queer and trans students of color at Ohio State
Find additional student and alumni involvement opportunities here.
In addition to taking advantage of our list of Central Ohio LGBTQ+ programs and organizations, the following resources are available for QTPOC and allies.
- Unique QPOC Struggles - Everyday Feminism
- Why Coming Out has a Different Meaning for QTPOC - INTO
- This is How You Can Support Trans Women of Color Right Now - BDG Blog
- Queer Youth of Color -Trans Student Educational Resources
- Being An Ally to Queer People of Color - Campus Pride