LGBTQ+ students and allies are encouraged to take advantage of hundreds of student cohorts and organizations, including many that focus on LGBTQ+ advocacy, mentorship, leadership develpment and more.
Student Life Multicultural Center
The Student Life Multicultural Center (SLMCC) provides students of diverse cultural backgrounds and identities with a variety of opportunities for involvement, including leadership groups, cohorts, mentorship programs. A number of these opportunities cater directly to the LGBTQ+ community and its allies. LGBTQ+ cohorts and leadership groups include:
- LGBTQ*mmunity, provides social support for LGBTQ+ first-year and transfer students as well as those who are newly out and/or new to OSU's LGBTQ community.
- QTPOC Cohort, providing a space for queer and trans people of color to come together for support and community.
- LGBTQ Leaders Consortium, collaborative meetings between LGBTQ student leaders across campus.
- OSQ Peer Mentorship Program, provides support for LGBTQ undergraduate students through 1-on-1 mentoring and leadership opportunities.
LGBTQ Student Organizations
The Ohio State University boasts a number of LGBTQ+ student organizations.
Undergraduate Student Organizations
- Gamma Rho Lambda (GRL), an all-inclusive sorority dedicated to creating a supportive and nurturing environment for self-expression and personal growth. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- NGPA at OSU, a chapter of the National Gay Pilots Association. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Out in Business - Fisher, an organization created to unify and advocate for LGBTQ-identifying and allied Fisher College of Business students. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out in Nursing, a social organization for LGBTQ student nurses and allies. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Out in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathmatics (oSTEM), provides support for LGBTQ and allied students, faculty and staff through education and professional connections. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pride, an all-inclusive LGBTQ+ club focused on providing a safe and fun space for students. Pride meets every other Monday at 8 PM. For more info, contact email@example.com
- SHADES, engages people of color at various stages of coming out to understand their identity and make sense of the LGBTQ community. SHADES meets Wednesdays at 8 PM. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students for Diversity in Education Through Service (SDES), provides service and networking opportunities for LGBTQ students and their allies. SDES meets every other Monday at 8 PM. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Trans*Mission, a social group providing a safe space for transgender, non-binary, gender non-conforming, and questioning students and allies to meet. Trans*Mission meets on Thurdays at 7 PM. For more info, contact Julian firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate/Professional Student Organizations
- Dental Pride Alliance, an organization for LGBTQ students in the College of Dentistry.
- LGBTQ+ and Allies in Medicine, a diverse organization of LGBTQ+ and allied medical students working to educate the medical school community. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Out of Office, an organization of business professionals that openly accepts all. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- OutLaws, an organization of Moritz College of Law students, faculty, and staff that promotes understanding of legal issues affecting the LGBTQ community.
- Pride Veterinary Medical Community, aims to foster acceptance and inclusivity for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities within the veterinary profession. For more info, contact Osucvmpride@gmail.com
LGBTQ+ alumni can get involved within the Ohio State community by joining the Scarlet and Gay LGBTQ Alumni Society, which sponsors a scholarship program, hosts events and collaborates with community organizations to promote education and awareness of LGBTQ issues.