LGBTQ+ students and allies are encouraged to take advantage of hundreds of student cohorts and organizations, including many that focus on LGBTQ+ advocacy, mentorship, leadership development and more.
Student Life Multicultural Center
The Student Life Multicultural Center (SLMCC) provides students of diverse cultural backgrounds and identities with a variety of opportunities for involvement, including leadership groups, cohorts, mentorship programs. The SLMCC also offers a variety signature events for our constituency groups. A number of these opportunities cater directly to the LGBTQ+ community and its allies.
LGBTQ+ cohorts and leadership groups include:
- LGBTQ*mmunity, provides social support for LGBTQ+ students who are first-years, transfer students, newly out, and/or new to OSU's LGBTQ community.
- QTPOC Collective, providing a space for queer and trans people of color to come together for support and community.
- LGBTQ Leaders Consortium, collaborative meetings between LGBTQ student leaders across campus.
- OSQ Peer Mentor Program, provides support for LGBTQ undergraduate students through 1-on-1 mentoring from LGBTQ peers.
LGBTQ+ Signature Events include:
Welcome (Back) Mix and Mingle (August)
LGBTQ History Month (October)
National Coming Out Day (October)
Trans Awareness and Empowerment Week (November)
Queer HoliGay Dinner (December)
Welcome Back to Spring Fling (January)
- Transgender Day of Visibility (March)
Gaypril Gayla (April)
One University, One Pride (June)
LGBTQ Student Organizations
The Ohio State University boasts a number of LGBTQ+ student organizations.
Undergraduate Student Organizations
Cultivating Change – an LGBTQ+ group for OSU students, staff, and faculty with an interest in food, agriculture, and environmental sciences. Meetings occur on Wednesdays at 7PM. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or join the Cultivating Change groupme.
- Gamma Rho Lambda (GRL) – an all-inclusive sorority dedicated to creating a supportive and nurturing environment for self-expression and personal growth. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- NGPA at OSU – a chapter of the National Gay Pilots Association. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Pride – an all-inclusive LGBTQ+ club focused on providing a safe and fun space for students. Pride meets every other Monday at 8 PM. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- SHADES – engages people of color at various stages of coming out to understand their identity and make sense of the LGBTQ community. SHADES meets Wednesdays at 8 PM. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Students for Diversity in Education Through Service (SDES) – provides service and networking opportunities for LGBTQ students and their allies. SDES meets every other Monday at 8 PM. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trans*Mission – a social group providing a safe space for transgender, non-binary, gender non-conforming, and questioning students and allies to meet. Trans*Mission meets on Thursdays at 7 PM. For more info, contact Julian email@example.com
Graduate/Professional Student Organizations
- Dental Pride Alliance – an organization for LGBTQ students in the College of Dentistry. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- LGBTQ+ and Allies in Medicine – a diverse organization of LGBTQ+ and allied medical students working to educate the medical school community. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Out in Nursing – a social organization for LGBTQ student nurses and allies. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of Office – an organization of business professionals that openly accepts all. For more info, contact email@example.com
- OutLaws – an organization of Moritz College of Law students, faculty, and staff that promotes understanding of legal issues affecting the LGBTQ community. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pride Veterinary Medical Community – aims to foster acceptance and inclusivity for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities within the veterinary profession. For more info, contact Osucvmpride@gmail.com
LGBTQ+ alumni can get involved within the Ohio State community by joining the Scarlet and Gay LGBTQ Alumni Society, which sponsors a scholarship program, hosts events and collaborates with community organizations to promote education and awareness of LGBTQ issues.