Ohio State is supportive of the career development of LGBTQ+ students, faculty and staff. From LGBTQ+ career search assistance for students preparing for their post-grad lives to diversity and inclusion initiatives for faculty, staff and alumni, we strive to make resources available that will help every Buckeye find success.
Career Resources at Ohio State
The following resources are available here at Ohio State to assist students, faculty, staff and alumni:
- Employment opportunities at the Student Life Multicultural Center
- Student Life's Career Counseling and Support Services offers resources for LGBTQ students starting their career search
- Engineering Career Service resources for LGBTQ+ students preparing for their job search
- Nondiscrimination Policy and resources from Ohio State's Office of Institutional Equity (OIE)
Buckeye Careers is an university-wide initiative designed to support students throughout their professional development.
- Handshake, an intuitive, easy-to-use job search system to help students find part-time jobs, internships, co-ops, and full-time career opportunities
- Buckeye OnPACE features a series of online career development modules and other resources to assist students in managing their careers
- Career Counseling and Support Services (CCSS) meets current undergraduate, graduate and professional students where they are in their career development process by providing holsitic support in the attainment of individual career goals
- Career Services Offices - view a list of colleges and departments that have their own career services office
- Parker Dewey helps students and recent gradutates find paid, short-term projects in order to generate income while demonstrating capabilities and gaining practical experience
- Versatile PhD is a resource for members of the graduate community at Ohio State who are interested in exploring non-academic career options
The following resources are available to help members of the LGBTQ+ community navigate job searches and the workplace.
Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
- Corporate Equality Index - a national benchmarking tool on corporate policies, practices, and benefits pertinent to LGBTQ employees.
- Talking About Pronouns in the Workplace guide
- State Equality Index - a comprehensive state-by-state report that provides a review of statewide laws and policies that affect LGBTQ people and their families
- Coming Out at Work guide
- Transitioning in the Workplace - A Guide for Trans Employees