QTPOC at Ohio State
The experiences of those living at the intersection of being LGBTQ+ and a person of color presents its own unique challenges. Queer and trans people of color (QTPOC) have been critically important to the visibility and survival of LGBTQ+ communities around the globe; QTPOC have been at the front line throughout fight for LGBTQ+ equality. We are dedicated to supporting the QTPOC community at The Ohio State University with a variety of programs and community resources.
The following resources are available for queer and trans students, faculty and staff of color at The Ohio State University.
QTPOC Mental Health with Counseling and Consultation Services
- CCS is committed to the Black Lives Matter movement and is offering resources for Black Ohio State students to engage in healing and positive connection. Learn more here.
- CCS resources for Asian and Asian-American students can be found here
- Mental Health Community Provider Database - search for private mental health care providers in the communities surrounding The Ohio State University campuses. Searches can be be filtered by gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, and more.
Find additional LGBTQ+ health and wellness resouces here.
- Student Life Multicultural Center
- QTPOC Cohort, a cohort of the Student Life Multicultural Center
- SHADES, a student organization for queer and trans students of color at Ohio State
Find additional student and alumni involvement opportunities here.
Coming Out Resources:
- Coming Out: Living Authentically as LGBTQ Asian and Pacific Islander Americans
- Unique QTPOC Struggles - Everyday Feminism
- Why Coming Out has a Different Meaning for QTPOC - INTO
- This is How You Can Support Trans Women of Color Right Now - BDG Blog
- Queer Youth of Color -Trans Student Educational Resources
- Being An Ally to Queer People of Color - Campus Pride